When do you need to see a Rheumatologist?

If you have Gout, back pain, shoulder pain or other joint pain, joint swelling, known or suspected arthritis such as Rheumatoid arthritis, Ankylosing Spondylitis or Psoriatic Arthritis, or known or suspected autoimmune disease such as Lupus then a Rheumatologist is the professional to best support and guide you in your investigation, diagnosis and treatment plan.

Rheumatologists are expert diagnosticians. Some like Dr Maxine Szramka have a particular interest in the evaluation of regional musculoskeletal pains such as shoulder or hip pains, and areas such as Ankylosing Spondylitis.

Seeing a skilled expert in the field such as a Rheumatologist is peace of mind for you knowing that you have seen an expert in the field and have been thoroughly investigated to guide all further appropriate treatment as needed and given yourself the best possible information available.

Dr Maxine Szramka is a general Rheumatologist, seeing all Rheumatological conditions including sports injuries, and has a particular interest in Ankylosing Spondylitis, Gout and Arthritis. She offers services from Robina on the Gold Coast and Ballina in Northern NSW.