10 Jan Some Key Facts about Sjogren’s Disease
Did you know that:
- It is an autoimmune condition affecting chiefly the salivary and lacrimal glands of the body?
- It is associated with auto-immune antibodies called ANA and ENA?
- It causes dry eyes and dry mouth, and sometimes vulvo-vaginal dryness and chronic atrophic gastritis?
- It can be associated with Rheumatoid Arthritis?
- Rarely long term it can be associated with a specific form of lymphoma called MALT lymphoma which usually affects the parotid gland?